Item code: 333463
- Construction: The Base Construction is a polyurethane blank with polyester resin. This construction is highly versatile and suitable for all round professional performance. Fourth Surfboards use high quality materials to create premium surfboards. US Blanks at the core in blue foam and Hexcel Glass for the laminate bonded with Silmar resin creates a balance of durability and weight for the best performance
- These boards are finished in a 24/7 temperature control room to ensure that the curing times are at optimum levels. To finish the board it's sanded to a 240 dry sand finish, removing any plastic lacquer left on the board which will feel and look horrible after a few months in the sea
- Outline: Drawn in shortboard with a round pin and extra width up in the nose compared with a standard shortboard
- Tail: Round pin, pulled in for control and quick directional changes
- Concave: Single concave runs through out the board through out with light double concave through the fins which keeps the drive off the tail ideal for back foot surfing
- Rocker: Low drawn out tail curve with medium height into a higher drawn out nose curve to increase your control, stability and drive
- Rails: Soft pinched 60/40 rail with extra foam on top through the deck
- Volume: Medium high - high under chest and through deck for paddling , thinned out through tail and rail area to increase your control
- Fin set up: 5 fin set up, quad for down the line stuff and thruster for more control on the face and rail to rail
- Fins not included
- FCS II fin box set up
|6'6||19 1/2||2 5/8||33.8|
The Charge 2.0 surfboard really comes into its own when the waves get big, a favourite of riders Tom Butler, Oli Adams and Tom Lowe the Charge 2.0 puts you in control once you’re on your feet.
The Charge 2.0 has a slightly wider nose than a standard shortboard which increases the length of the rail and platform into the narrower tail. The tail shape ensures you can make quick directional changes at speed. Overall, this board has extra volume to be a paddle power machine.
The rocker varies in the nose a tail with low rocker in the tail and high rocker in the nose, this blend increases the boards connection to the face during take offs and down the line. This increased connection also gives you more control on the right lines. The higher rocker on the nose helps to execute those big bottom turns and pump through big sections as it fits with the curve, washing that speed off whilst retaining control. The nose rocker combines with increase width gives the Charge 2.0 a great balance of sensitivity, drive and stability.
The centre of the board is flat to increase the volume, especially around the chest area to give you the maximum amount of board when paddling. The rails give the board maximum hold and control at high speeds as they pull down to a lower more pulled under soft rail through the centre.
|Fin Set Up
|Surfboard Tail Shape