Item code: 137303
NB: This is the XL Version, with slightly more user friendly dimensions.
- Stab In The Dark 2016 Winner: As chosen by Dane Reynolds
- Construction: PU
- Template: Clean, performance outline with a subtle, mild hip in the tail. Medium, sensitive rails.
- Tail: Squash
- Concave: Single throughout adds projection, lift and extra drive
- Rocker: Medium/high rocker perfect for generating speed and drive while keeping a loose and responsive feel
- Rider ability: High performance surfers
- Suitable conditions: Designed for punchy beach breaks, reef waves or down the line point breaks
- Wave height: 2 - 10 ft
- Fin system: Futures thruster set up (Fins not included)
The 74 is Jon Pyzel's winning model that he shaped for the 2016 "Stab In The Dark" series. For those not aware, the team over at Stab wanted to answer a question of whether or not it is possible to call a board, or shaper, the best in the world? 13 of the best shapers were asked to produce blank boards to be ridden by one of the best surfers in the world, in this case, Dane Reynolds. The "74" came out on top. You can read all about it, and watch the video here
The outline shape of the 74 screams performance. A clean, performance outline with a mild hip in the tail couples with a medium-high bottom rocker to really help you generate drive and speed off of the back foot while keeping the board loose and responsive on rail. The single concave running throughout the board adds projection and more drive; to help control the huge amount of speed that this board generates, the deck has been flattened a touch , which pushes some extra volume out towards the rails (providing extra paddle power and float) but the actual rail itself is less boxy, to increase sensitivity. If you want a high performance surfboard, which works on rail, in the pocket and above the lip, then look no further. Dane Reynolds recommended.
|Board height ||Width ||Thickness ||Volume |
|5'6" ||18.38" ||2.19" ||22.0 Litres |
|5'8" ||18.75" ||2.31" ||25.10 Litres |
|5'10" ||19.0" ||2.38" ||27.0 Litres |
|6'0" ||19.25" ||2.44" ||28.92 Litres |
|6'2" ||19.75" ||2.56" ||32.10 Litres |
|Fin Set Up
|Surfboard Tail Shape