Every Little Bit Helps.
Every little bit helps, especially when it comes to sustainability for the world we live in. Making changes to the way we do things, even small ones, can add up to a big impact. This is the approach was taken with the latest model from Vans Surf: the new Circle Vee.
Vans looked at every little bit that goes into making a shoe and made adjustments-from the one-piece knitted natural upper to the all-new, sculpted for all-day comfort, EcoCush™ biofoam drop-in midsole and the full-length EcoWaffle™ rubber outsole. They even developed new construction methods to reduce glues and excess material.
As part of this collection, they’re also partnering with the Ocean Conservancy, a global organization focused on protecting the oceans we love and enjoy, and will be donating $1 for every Circle Vee product sold, with a minimum of $25,000 donated to the Tides Foundation.
All these thoughtful choices add up to a big move in the right direction for the ocean and surfers everywhere.
Breakdown of the Circle Vee:
- Outsole made from non-petroleum based natural rubber
- Laces made from 100% jute fiber
- Knit material made from 48% organic cotton, 47% hemp and 5% nylon
- ECOCUSH™ INSOLE: The brand new EcoCush™ drop-in footbed is made from 70% biobased FATES™ foam, derived from plant-based oils without sacrificing performance.
- ECOWAFFLE™ OUTSOLE: This is an all-new eco rubber compound made from responsibly sourced natural rubber instead of petroleum-derived synthetic rubber.
You can shop the Vans Circle Vee on our website or explore the entire vans range here.
You may also like:
SURFDOME X VANS IN MEXICO: IZZY HENSHALL’S FIRST SURF TRIP