The feeling of gliding on four wheels is amazing, but for some the small deck and hard wheels of a skateboard can be off-putting and uncomfortable.
With its longer wheelbase for stability and soft wheels for smoothly traversing rougher ground and gripping corners, a longboard might be just what you’re looking for.
A longboard doesn’t just have to be for cruising either! There are a great many disciplines to be enjoyed on the skateboard’s bigger cousin such as – Dancing, Freestyle and Slalom, Freeride and sliding and even downhill racing.
Armed with the technique to stop safely, and with the necessary protective equipment a longboard can be used for hassle free commuting and exhilarating fun.
Cruisers are versatile boards that provide a great cross-over from regular street skateboards. Perfect for urban commuting, cruisers tend to be small enough to be unobtrusive on those morning tube rides. They generally feature a kick-tail, allowing you to still pop the board and come fitted with soft wheels for maintaining effortless roll-speed and great manoeuvrability.
- Length: 31 inches
- Width: 8.25 inches
- Wheelbase: 16.5 inches
- Deck: Custom V-ply top with wood burned logos and clear broadcast grip
- Trucks: 5 inch Slant trucks
- Wheels: 62mm x 51mm, 83A wheels
- Features: 1/4 inch riser pads
With a look that emulates classic cars and old school motorcycles, the Flashback Cruiser is a stylish mid-sized board with a retro twist.
Designed to deliver the same ride as a longboard but without the extra length, this board is ideal for beginners learning the basics.
- Construction: 7 Ply Canadian Maple & 1 Micro Ply Exotic Wood
- Length: 31 inches
- Width: 8 inches
- Wheelbase: 14.25 inches
- Wheels: Burnout Wheels, 57mm, 85A
- Trucks: Century 129mm Trucks with matte black powder coat
- Bearings: Goldcoast Custom ABEC 7 Bearings
- Bushings: 90A Bushings
- Risers: Century 0.25 inch Flat Risers
Featuring an arrow graphic on the natural wood ply, the Slapstick board is engineered to go wherever you wish. Equipped with high performance hardware, this board provides a responsive ride with sharp turning.
Let’s not forget the kick tail which lets you show off your favourite tricks with style.
Great for carving mellow hills or pushing along the sea-front. Very relaxed ride with lots of space for your natural stance. The design is very surf heavy with a lot of shapes drawing on retro surf for inspiration.
Osprey Skate Arrow
- Best Suited For: Beginners and advanced alike
- Perfect For: Cruising and getting from A to B
- Shape: Arrow pintail shape to avoid risk of wheel bite: perfect for testing those carving skills
- Concave Deck: Adds security when going at speed and easy to push when going a distance
- Width: 40″
- Length: 9.6″
- Wheels: 69mm x 55mm 78A PU Cast White Wheels
- Bearings: ABEC 9 Chrome Bearings
- Construction: 7 PLY Canadian Maple
- Trucks: 7” JJ7 Trucks
Santa Cruz X Star Wars Boba Fett
- Trucks: High quality Road Rider 180mm
- Wheels: Star wars branded 72mm, 78a durometer
- Width: 9.9″
- Length: 43.5
- Santa Cruz x Star Wars Longboard
- Boba Fett graphic
- Cut outs to reduce wheel bite
Santa Cruz skateboards™ and Lucasfilm™ have teamed up to bring you a new collection of exclusive boards. Release your inner bounty hunter and try not to get eaten by a sarlacc.
Specialised for going fast, these boards can have different truck mounting methods that lower the board to the ground, like drop-through or drop-down. Wide foot platform for keeping your feet locked in at higher speeds.
- Deck: 9ply maple with Arbor premium wood base
- Arbor decks are created using Eco-friendly water-based sanding sealers
- Trucks: Caliber 50 Caliber 10.0”
- Width: 184.0mm
- Baseplate Angle: 50 degrees for better turning
- Bushing: ultra-high rebound 89a Blood Orange barrel & cone combo
- Wheels: 71mm
- Durometer: 78a
- Bearings: ABEC 5 with spacers
- Artist: Eric Waetzig
The Vugenhausen is ready for speed and a race level performance. It ensures superior traction as a well as a stiff, symmetrical pattern for incredible superior turn and drift control. It also offers a locked-in performance thanks to the micro drop and rocker.
Mindless Maverick DT II
- Length: 44 inches
- Width: 9.75 inches
- Wheelbase: 33.75 inches
- Shape: Drop through pin tail. Deep concave with oversized cut-outs
- Construction: 6-ply Hardrock Canadian Maple. Bottom ply smoked bamboo with a natural GT stripe inlay
- Trucks: 7 inch RK trucks with reversible hanger and Mindless 83A SHR soft cushions
- Wheels: Mindless Shifta 76mm, 83A
- Bearings: ABEC 9 chrome
With the essence of the original Maverick still present, this longboard features drop through trucks to lower your centre of gravity for greaty stability.
Oversized cut-outs and a reversible hanger let you totally customise your board to best suit your riding style. Made using a brand new pressing technique and epoxy glue, the Mindless DT II Longboard provides the most responsive ride ever.
Boards like this are popular for freestyle or longboard ‘dancing’. Small but functional kicktails help the rider get the board in the air and wide foot platform is great for old-school moves like ‘crosstepping’.
Atom Artisan Drop Kick
- Length: 39 inches
- Width: 8.7 inches
- Construction: Stiff maple deck
- Trucks: Die-cast aluminium, 50° reverse kingpin trucks
- Hanger Width: 180mm
- Bushings: 90A HR
- Wheels: 70 x 42 mm, 82A SHR Freewheels
- Bearings: ABEC 9 (8 x 22 mm)
The perfect blend of drop-through and a kick-tail deck, Atom’s Artisan longboard provides the answer for those who have been toiling with that question of ‘skateboard or longboard?’…both.
With the stability and cruisability of a longboard and the versatility of a skateboard, the Artisan is one hell of a ride.
Landyachtz Freedom Hatchet
- Trucks: Polar Bear Raw 155mm Trucks
- Wheels: Hawgs 63mm 78A Wheels – Marble Orange
- Bearings: Bear Spaceballs Abec 7 Bearings
- Length: 40.35
- Width: 9.3
- Wheelbase: 27.4
The Hatchet is a necessity to survival.
The sharpest tool for carving with a firm handle on flatland tricks.
The Hatchet is never a dull moment!
More from Surfdome >