####BACK TO IT BACKPACK BUYING GUIDE
Whether you’re starting a new year at school, enrolling at College or University or simply needing a new backpack for your office, we’ve got you covered here at Surfdome. Our collection of backpacks is one of the largest on the market, with brands like Sandqvist, Animal, Eastpak, Herschel and Vans, just to name a few - you will definitely be able to find the appropriate option to suits your needs.
• At the very least you’ll want padded shoulder straps on your school bag, with wider straps providing the most comfort. An additional sternum strap is also a great feature if carrying heavier loads.
• The main compartment should fit an A4 notepad (almost all our range of backpacks are A4 compatible).
• Additional internal or external compartments – some may have special organizers for stationary
• Additional internal and external compartments are perfect for organising your school bag essentials.
• Inexpensive, low-quality backpacks typically only last for a few weeks to a few months so invest in something more substantial from one of our top backpack brands.
• Choose a backpack that is age and size appropriate; the width of a backpack should be relatively proportionate to the person’s width.
#####BACKPACKS FOR SCHOOL:
• Many of the popular school bag brands incorporate bright prints and colours so consider style as well fit and functionality when buying backpacks for kids (you can also personalise with key chains and fobs to keep things fun).
• Some rucksacks for school have matching pencil cases which is a great addition.
• A polyester or a polyester/cotton mix is lighter than a heavy cotton one and may offer better protection in case of rain.
• Keep things uncomplicated and look for backpacks with one large main compartment (one that is large enough to house your child’s PE Kit, lunch and books).
• Opt for double-headed zippers for ease of access.
Most Popular School Bag Brands:Hype, [Superdry] (https://www.surfdome.com/Superdry_Clothing_and_Superdry_Accessories~664?sort=bestsellers&taxons%5B%5D=372 "Superdry"), adidas, Animal, Converse
#####BACKPACKS FOR UNIVERSITY
• The best university backpacks will have a padded laptop compartment with a fleece lining to keep your valuables safe and secure.
• Additional pockets and compartments, a port for your headphones cord and elasticated mesh side pockets are your typical university backpack essentials for easy organisation.
• Need to get across campus quickly? The easiest and most efficient way to do this is on a smaller cruiser board and having skate straps on your college rucksack will make it super simple to carry and store your skateboard.
• When carrying heavy books to and from the library you’ll be thankful for a padded back panel.
Most Popular University Backpack Brands:Eastpak, Herschel, New Balance, Fjallraven
#####BACKPACK FOR WORK:
• Wearing a backpack is no longer only for school kids and university students thanks to the growing number of minimalist designs that are on the market now (traditional ‘hiking’ brands such as Osprey and The North Face are producing ranges of stylish daypacks that don’t compromise on functionality).
• If wanting something a little more sophisticated than the traditional backpack, choose an option such as a messenger backpack or a satchel backpack.
• Backpacks for laptops will often have a separate, padded compartment or pocket so you can house your device without worrying that it will get scratched.
• Fleece-lined pockets for your sunglasses and phone will keep your valuables secure and make them easy to access.
• Many rucksacks for work include separate compartments for your lunch, gym gear and documents for easy organisation.
• A waterproof shell is ideal for rainy commutes.
• Keep the design simple and clean in neutral hues for office-appropriate styling.
Most Popular Work Bag Brands:Sandqvist, Osprey, Douchebags, The North Face
Subscribe to Surfdome